- Please do your best to follow the instructions given by your teacher. Trust their knowledge.
- Listening is a fundamental principle of this yoga practice.
- It is best to remove jewelry and watches while practicing.
- You, your mat, towels, water (and a good attitude) is all that's needed in the yoga room; cell phones, keys, pagers, purses, backpacks, etc., can be left in lockers or cubbyholes.
- Shoes and socks come off before you enter the yoga room - clean bare feet only!
- Once practice begins we encourage you to stay in the yoga room. If you have an emergency let the teacher know, so s/he can make sure you're safe.
- We encourage you to sit down and take a break if you need to; when this happens it's best to sit through the whole set.
- The heat intensifies smells, so please remove perfume, colognes or strongly scented oils, etc., before you begin practice.
- Please let your teacher know if you have any injuries and/or medical conditions BEFORE CLASS.
- New students please set up in the back row (even if you have done Hot Yoga in other studios).
- Use common sense and be mindful of others.
- No whining.
FRONT ROW: The students in the front row help the teachers guide the class. In order to be in the front row you have to be more than a good student.
You have to be a good example to the people behind you!
- BE MINDFUL - if you set up in the front row, look back and make sure you are not right in front of someone, obstructing their view.
- BE COMMITTED - if you think you are going to need to sit down, don't set up in the front.
- BE AWARE - if you can't be still, please don't set up in the front.
- BE PRESENT - remember you're setting an example, so please move with the teacher's directions.
- BE HUMBLE - do not change or modify any pose. No advanced poses in class.